Sunday, July 17, 2011

Firsts

Most of Isobel's "blog" has been filled with medical news so I thought we would take a change for one post and share some of the cool firsts we have experienced this week!  Isobel got her first real bath EVER!!  As you can see, Logan was a big helper (until he put his dirty feet into the water).  She loved it!  It took a lot of work on our part to get her all set up so that we could do it but it's one of those things we wanted to do as normally as we could.  We are trying so hard to continually take steps to doing the things we would normally do and it's so exciting when we accomplish them!  I won't lie, there is a lot of stress and figuring things out each time we take a trip or do something different around the house but it's worth it.  For the first time since Isobel has been home, we brought her upstairs with all of her gear so we could all lay down and take a nap!  I think she enjoyed the change of scenery and I know we did as we often feel "stuck" to the front room which has become Isobel's room for now.  As we continue to do the things we would normally be doing, we are getting our new routine down.
Other firsts... Isobel surprised us with 2 bottom teeth!  Best of all, she LAUGHED!  Of course she laughed at Daddy first (don't we all?).  She got out a squeak with her laughs for  Daddy.  Today she laughed and me :)  What a gift!  

Thank you for your prayers as we near her surgery date.  Prayers for health leading up to surgery are appreciated.  Prayers for calm for our family are appreciated as anxiety tries to creep in during the quiet moments.  

One of my favorite stumbled upon quotes....
"Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of it's sorrows, but only empties today of it's strength." -Spurgeon 

I wish the word sorrows was troubles but I'm pretty sure you are not allowed to change quotes.  :)  Those times I find myself worrying about surgeries or the future I try to remind myself that I'm draining today and what a waste that would be!!  Enjoy today! 



3 comments:

  1. Oh Emily. Thank you so much for that quote today. Andy and I needed to hear it. You guys have been a true inspiration to our family. We still pray daily for all four of you, and we love you dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave and Emily -

    First as a pastor, I have to tell you that as I read through all your blog posts, I am proud of how much you have learned and are learning to trust fully in God and his care for you and your family. Although there are questions, fears, etc. about what this all means, you both are clinging to God's unfailing care.

    Now as a friend, your family is absolutely precious to us. Over the past few years of doing life together, we have walked together, laughed together, ate and drank together, and shared each others burdens. Tomorrow is another opportunity to do life together... no matter what the outcome. Let us know how we can be your support in the days to come!

    Praying for you as you prepare for tomorrow!

    Paul (and Laura, and the kiddos)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be praying all day! Isobel is a fighter and will continue to fight!

    ReplyDelete