Friday, February 9, 2018

February

Ahhhh February.  On the 21st Isobel should be here celebrating her 7th birthday.  We should be planning a last minute birthday party in true Schissler style.  Figuring out last minute what the plans will be and stressing out over some silly Pinterest ideas I found and feel like I MUST do.  Instead, we sit here trying to figure out last minute Schissler style how to honor her memory on her birthday.  A Pinterest search for that doesn't have lots of cute ideas. 

On Isobel's last birthday on earth, we were in the hospital.  I remember being there and trying to figure out how to make her birthday special while being stuck in a hospital.  I was so very disappointed that the hospital didn't have any decorations for me and Walgreens in walking distance didn't have any decorations for me either.  After being a ridiculous mess about it to a friend, she showed up.  Bag in hand.  Decorations for her room.  A goofy hat.  A princess wand. A sash for my Princess.  A bear.  The best decor you could ask for given the circumstances.  She danced in her birthday gear to some of her favorite tunes.  A moment of true joy.  The next day, we would celebrate with so many of you while you supported our family at a benefit.  So so many of you got to meet Isobel and Alexis for the first time.  Looking back, I'm blown away by that gift.


As this little Princesses birthday draws near, grab a last minute plan with me to honor her life.  Make someone SMILE.  Dance.  Do something for a stranger.  Pray with someone in need.  Donate to a cause.  I'm planning to prepare a bag of birthday decor to donate to the hospital for a little girl who needs to be a smiling princess for her special day.  

I know her life continues to teach lessons, spread joy, and SMILES.  I thank God for the love she taught me to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment